The 2010 Plug-Stack is designed to fill valve style bags with dry abrasive products that would normally cause excessive wear on packers that use a butterfly valve at the product inlet. Typical products include pellet, granular or powder products such as ready mix concrete and cement blends that include aggregate particles larger than sand.
How it Works:
The Plug Stack filler consists of a pressure chamber with a column style inlet, a discharge spout that fits the valve bag inlet, a positive displacement blower (in most cases) to generate adequate air volume, and controls to direct the airflow according to the product type. When a bag is placed on the spout, a fill cycle is initiated. Air generated by the blower is directed at the lower end of the chamber in a jet directed toward the spout. This pressurizes the chamber and as air flows through the spout, it carries product along into the bag. Air finds the path of least resistance out the spout because the column style inlet and head pressure blocks air flow upward. Once the bag achieves the filled weight, the air pressure is relieved, a vent valve opens to relieve pressure in the chamber, and product recharges the pressure chamber for the next fill. The filled bag is discharged, and the cycle can be repeated.
- Scale-beam gross weigh.
- Pneumatic feeder.
- Manual start switch.
- Mechanical tilting bag chair.
- Pneumatic bag clamps.
- Hinged chamber bottom for easy clean-out.
- Dust collection hood and manifold.
- Pressure chamber exhaust.
- 1.1/2 CFM @ 80 PSI pneumatic controls.
- Mild steel construction.
- Automatic fill start with bag leading edge and bag in place switches.
- Automatic bag discharge.
- Load cell weighing with digital controller.
- Low pressure air pump assembly.
- Stainless steel contact surfaces.
- Special paint finishes.
- Supply and transition hoppers.
- Operator deck deck with bag rack and operator seat for multiple spout configurations.
- Reclaim hopper to collect spilled product.
- Model 4208 Take away conveyor.
- Fill Rates: up to (12) 50 lb. bags per minute.
- Fill Weights: 20 lbs. to 110 lbs.
- Weight Accuracy: +/- 6 to 8 ounces from target weight (+/- 2 to 4 oz. with load cells).
Note: Rates and accuracy are dependent upon specific product characteristics as well as consistent flow and bulk density.